Crossroads United Church Employment Posting
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Posting Expires: Midnight on Friday, December 4, 2020
Start Date: Mid-December 2020
Hours:12 – 15 hours per week
Days:Days of work based on daily and weekly maintenance requirements.
Salary:$17.50 + benefits
Crossroads United Church is an intergenerational Christian community called by God to:
- follow Jesus Christ and move with the Holy Spirit;
- welcome the ministry and participation of all persons without regard to age, race, sexual orientation, ability, marital status, culture, family type, gender identity, gender expression and socio-economic status, accepting each other as we are; and
- practice faithful stewardship of God’s gifts and resources to serve the world.
Summary of Duties
Working in coordination with other staff, volunteers, under the supervision of the Lead Minister:
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting duties of all interior areas of the building in adherence with COVID-19 protocols;
- Spot cleans floors and walls and cleans windows, glass and fridges on a regular and as needed basis;
- Sterilizes all kitchen surfaces on a weekly basis;
- Empties all garbage cans and recycling and ensures it is placed outside for pickup on a weekly basis;
- Maintains and orders cleaning supplies as needed;
- Ensures all washroom supplies are replenished;
- Performs a visual inspection of outside property and removes litter on a weekly basis;
- Closes parking lot gate during the week;
- Ensures rags and mops are clean;
- Performs other cleaning duties as required or requested.
Gifts and Abilities
- Ability to keep building areas clean and welcoming
- Knowledge of WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems)
- Knowledge of BC Centre for Disease Control – Cleaning and Disinfectants for Public Settings
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Friendly and welcoming to others
- Comfortable with diversity
- Familiarity with United Church “culture” an asset
Applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter by midnight Friday, December 4, 2020. Only electronic applications will be accepted, and all applications will receive a response indicating they have been received. Interviews will take place in early December. The start date of the position will be mid-December, 2020. The full position description is available to shortlisted candidates upon request.