Godly Play training is unique in that it offers training and development for those lay and ordered people entrusted with the spiritual development of children.
• To learn and tell a Godly Play Story with supportive feedback and evaluation.
• To strengthen the Godly Play Community.
• To deepen our understanding and practice of the Heart of Godly Play.
Godly Play Core Training
There are lots of things that you can learn from a lecture but Godly Play is learned from the inside out. You will experience Godly Play as both leader and learner.
You will have the opportunity to analyze and tell stories from the various genres with peers in a collegial, non-judgmental setting. You will experience both the storyteller and door person roles; learn how to establish a Godly Play environment and strengthen your classroom management skills.
You will deepen your understanding of the spirituality of children.
All learning will take place in a prayerful and playful atmosphere with creative and experienced Godly Play trainers. Participants who successfully complete this training will receive a Certificate of Accreditation from Godly Play Canada.
Details & Dates
Day 1:June 8, 2019 — Sacred Story Day
Day 2:July 27, 2019 — Parable Day
Day 3:September 14, 2019 — Liturgical Action Day
Time:8:30 a.m. — 5:00 p.m.
Location:Crossroads United Church
Cost:$125 per day, OR
$350* for all three days
(*discounted rate when all three sessions are paid for together)
Includes:Resource material and snacks
Note: If you are a part of the Crossroads faith community, please speak to Gabrielle regarding registration costs.
Click for online registration for Summer 2019 Godly Play Core Training
Click for more information about payment and registration.
Please email Anne Clark about cost for re-certification.
(Space is limited to 18 people.)
• Register for 1, 2 or all 3 (preferably all 3), but do plan to stay for the entire day.
• Full Accreditation Program is earned over all three Saturdays.
• Can’t make all three days? Missed sessions can be made up at a later date.
• Fees are due upon registration.
• Refunds (less $50 admin fee) are given for cancellations made before June 1.
• No refunds will be given for cancellations made after June 1.